Author: Jane Austen
Translator: Jane Austen
Synopsis
'The more I know of the world, the more am I convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!' Marianne Dashwood wears her heart on her sleeve, and when she falls in love with the dashing but unsuitable John Willoughby she ignores her sister Elinor's warning that her impulsive behaviour leaves her open to gossip and innuendo. Meanwhile Elinor, always sensitive to social convention, is struggling to conceal her own romantic disappointment, even from those closest to her. Through their parallel experience of love—and its threatened loss—the sisters learn that sense must mix with sensibility if they are to find personal happiness in a society where status and money govern the rules of love. This edition includes explanatory notes, textual variants between the first and second editions, and Tony Tanner's introduction to the original Penguin Classic edition.
Next Page 1....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Last week, oil tycoon Folorunsho Alakija attended an event to mark International Working Women’s day in Lagos. The Famfa oil boss who is...
-
Title: Download Okey Sokay - Jòòkwa Sir Mp3 Artiste: Okey Sokay Year: 2018 Download Now 9.64MB
-
Today we shall be learning 35 words that are commonly pronounced incorrectly, and how to correctly pronounce these. 1. Pronunciation Altho...
-
The Abia State’s One Day Teenage Governor, Her Excellency Miss Joy Chikamnayo, begun discharging her duties yesterday as she inspected the...
-
Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah calls on his allies to come up with a united strategy "in the field" in order to confront Isr...
-
Bobrisky’s former gate man, Jacob after many believed he betrayed Bobrisky, has finally spoken after his boss, fired him from work. In a...
-
According to a facebook user who shared the video below, he said "Fresh University Graduate Caught Trying To Use His Parents For Ritu...

No comments:
Post a Comment